Assistant Corporate Counsel
The Minneapolis Grain Exchange, Inc. (MGEX), a growing commodities and derivatives marketplace has an immediate full time entry-level legal position available. The candidate will play a role in providing guidance to senior management on varied business issues. The candidate will become familiar with business operations and objectives, identify, analyze and resolve complex issues and make recommendations as appropriate.
- J.D. Degree from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to the Minnesota bar.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong aptitude for regulatory matters.
- Strong strategic thinking and prioritization skills.
- High proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Unquestioned integrity.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- A keen understanding of business and commerce, the ability to diagnose legal problems, and present positive, creative solutions and alternatives for senior management.
- Experience with federal regulators such as SEC or CFTC would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of real estate industry.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic company.
- Self-motivated with initiative to work independently.
- The maturity to work effectively with senior management and co-workers.
- The interpersonal skills to be a team participant and flexibility to accomplish a wide variety of tasks as assigned.
Please submit resume with salary requirements and cover letter to:
email@example.com. No calls or agencies please. Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Minneapolis Grain Exchange, Inc. (MGEX), a growing commodities and derivatives marketplace housed in the historic Grain Exchange Buildings for more than 100 years, has an immediate FT position available in our Real Estate Division. The candidate would be responsible for assisting the Lead Building Engineer in the daily operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs to a downtown 100+ year old 306,000 square foot office complex’s plumbing, electrical, HVAC and all other building systems. Must have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
Minnesota 1st Class Engineer Class C low-pressure boiler license required. Minimum of 2 years of specialized/formal education beyond high school or equivalent and 5 years’ experience in building operations, engineering and equipment and systems maintenance also required. Knowledge of electrical and plumbing theory, HVAC systems, DDC/BAS controls and pneumatic controls preferred. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment is a must. Ability to work in a team environment; work independently with little or no supervision and be attentive to details, be accurate, and precise desired. Strong customer service, communication and computer skills is a plus. Available and on call 24/7, possess a State of Minnesota Driver’s License, able to lift 50 pounds, and able to climb ladder.
Please submit resume with salary requirements and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, 400 South 4th Street, Suite 130, Minneapolis, MN 55415. No calls or agencies please. Equal Opportunity Employer.