The Minneapolis Grain Exchange, Inc. (MGEX), a growing commodities and derivatives market place, has an immediate FT position available in its Clearing Division, located in downtown Minneapolis.
MGEX is a designated contract market (DCM) and derivatives clearing organization (DCO), registered with and subject to the jurisdiction of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. As a DCO, MGEX’s Clearing House provides essential services for the clearing and settlement of futures and options transactions initiated, accepted, and executed on MGEX.
The role of a Risk Analyst is to support the development and maintenance of MGEX’s risk management framework. In that capacity, this position will work closely with MGEX’s Market Operations division and will gain knowledge and expertise of existing risk management systems and tools as well as exposure to agricultural commodity markets. Other responsibilities of a Risk Analyst include:
- Analyzing and monitoring various market, credit and liquidity risk analytics and ensuring effective communication of findings
- Assisting with the design, development and implementation of risk management strategies related to department initiatives
- Working with IT and development team to enhance existing systems and assist in the testing and implementation of those enhancements
- Communicating with MGEX member firms and regulatory bodies
- BA or BS in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or other quantitative degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience in risk management, audit, or other analytical field
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Reliable and organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on an on-going basis and work in a team environment or independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Please submit resume with salary requirements and cover letter to: Lindsay Hopkins (Lhopkins@mgex.com), mail to Human Resources, 400 South 4th Street, Suite 130, Minneapolis, MN 55415. No calls or agencies please. Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Minneapolis Grain Exchange, Inc. (MGEX), a growing commodities and derivatives marketplace housed in the historic Grain Exchange Buildings for more than 100 years, has an immediate FT position available in our Real Estate Division. The candidate would be responsible for assisting the Lead Building Engineer in the daily operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs to a downtown 100+ year old 306,000 square foot office complex’s plumbing, electrical, HVAC and all other building systems. Must have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
Minnesota 1st Class Engineer Class C low-pressure boiler license required. Minimum of 2 years of specialized/formal education beyond high school or equivalent and 5 years’ experience in building operations, engineering and equipment and systems maintenance also required. Knowledge of electrical and plumbing theory, HVAC systems, DDC/BAS controls and pneumatic controls preferred. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment is a must. Ability to work in a team environment; work independently with little or no supervision and be attentive to details, be accurate, and precise desired. Strong customer service, communication and computer skills is a plus. Available and on call 24/7, possess a State of Minnesota Driver’s License, able to lift 50 pounds, and able to climb ladder.
Please submit resume with salary requirements and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, 400 South 4th Street, Suite 130, Minneapolis, MN 55415. No calls or agencies please. Equal Opportunity Employer.